The Linux Engineer will have the responsibility of providing design and support for the company's Linux server infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have ability to assess and prioritize tasks, and ensure a smooth implementation of projects and transition to production including participating in the assessment of new technologies by working closely with Architecture team and other Engineering teams.
- Day to day L3 data management of the Linux VM Infrastructure including configuration, performance tuning and assisting in the troubleshooting of issues in the Linux Server environment.
- Design, implement and modify to provide a scalable and highly available computing environment
- Address L2 & L3 user and environment issues quickly and efficiently with minimal downtime.
- Perform and automate Server Deployment, upgrades and version release management.
- Meets with the business and determines and creates engineering requirements that meet the needs of the business and work with necessary teams to roll them out into the environment.
- Support Network: DNS, LDAP, DHCP, TLS/SSL.
- Expert with 5-7+ years of experience Linux Administration.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols: DNS, LDAP, DHCP, TLS/SSL.
- Experience with VMWare administration in a large clustered environment.
- Experience with implementing Data Center High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Must be able to remain calm in a stressful environment and work overtime if needed.
- Must be analytical in approach to work.
- Must be a team worker and have the ability to motivate, articulate ideas, and guide team towards project goals.
- Must be driven and have the ability to provide out-of-box solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact positively with end-users and vendors on a daily basis.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment and follow written policies and procedures.
- Provides extraordinary service.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Expert with Apache.
- Experience with Linux server security and hardening principles.
- Keen interest in automation including, but not limited to application package management (Yum, RPM), container technologies (Docker), host provisioning (Kickstart, VM templates) and configuration management (Puppet, Ansible).
- Limited knowledge of NetApp ISCSI and NFS technologies, SQL Server is helpful.