Talent has partnered with a large medical device company that sells its recognizable brands in over 90 countries. They're publicly traded on the NYSE and have over 4,500 employees internationally. Our successful partner generates over $600 million a year in net revenue and holds leading market positions in multiple categories. Most importantly - they address some of today's most important healthcare needs.
Full relocation will be provided along with competitive base salaries, 15% annual bonuses, 401k + 6% match, and other great benefits.
This Principal Embedded Software Engineer will act as a technical expert on a multi-year program to combine new digital health technologies - with a product line that has a proven clinical track record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Program leader, external partners, and cross-functional teams to design innovative medical devices.
- Translate customer and marketing requirements into product / software specifications which can be successfully verified, validated and launched.
- Work to define / create collateral for new connected device platforms
- Design product solutions including detailed software design, initial board bring up and test, and driver bring up
- Develop software, firmware, and system module specifications
- Master C/C++ and Python with Object oriented design
- Mentor team members and peer review product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing organizations to understand the market space and to translate that knowledge to product requirements.
- Spend time with physicians and key opinion leaders to develop / maintain close ties with on-the-ground happenings in our market.
- Bachelor’s in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field; Masters preferred.
- 5-7 years in embedded software development; Medical Device development preferred.
- Broad experience with embedded system development including FPGA and/or microcontroller based designs.
- Programs with C/C++ and scripts with Python
- Strong understanding of software, firmware and hardware interaction up to the OS level including RTOS.
- Hands on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer, JTAG and hardware debugging platforms
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, Ethernet.
- Knowledge of device peripherals EEPROMS, high speed ADC/DAC
- Deep working knowledge of 62304, 60601, 13485 development processes and standards
- Agile experience