This Sr. Azure Cloud Systems Engineer will interact directly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their readiness to adopt Azure and support them through their transition to Microsoft cloud services as well as operations and optimization. The primary product focus and responsibility will pertain to support of Apttus' Enterprise SaaS platform with specific emphasis in the Windows Azure Platform.
This Sr. Azure Cloud Systems Engineer will interact directly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their readiness to adopt Azure and support them through their transition to Microsoft cloud services as well as operations and optimization. The primary product focus and responsibility will pertain to support of Apttus' Enterprise SaaS platform with specific emphasis in the Windows Azure Platform. The ideal candidate will have a strong experience in support customer-facing cloud operations to ensure 99.999% uptime and an aptitude with the ability to lead in-depth technology discussions in cloud operations. Candidates with strong AWS operations experience are also encouraged to apply.
* Designs, builds, tests, deploys, analyzes, administers, monitors and maintains 24x7 Cloud-based service.
* Researches and recommends the procurement and use of Azure Cloud-based infrastructure services.
* Provides support and issue investigation and resolution for all internal and client facing Cloud-based solutions.
* Actively mentors all staff on the proper use of all Cloud-based services.
* Provide 24/7 operational support for production network, servers and systems.
* Reviews, evaluates, specifies, designs, maintains, and documents system architecture, system configuration, system monitoring and system performance monitoring.
* Contributes to setting priorities, establishing milestones and deadlines for product releases.
* Works directly with NOC, QA and Engineering to trouble-shoot system issues and deliver timely resolutions.
* Process and complete simultaneous projects in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Deep technical familiarity with Azure and its components, virtualization and networking.
* 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure cloud based IaaS, PaaS or SaaS.
* Expert level understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Azure services (Virtual Machines, Websites, Storage Blobs, SQL Database, Virtual Network, Traffic Manager, Automation, Active Directory, CDN, Cache).
* Expert level knowledge of Azure Site Recovery, Backups, Clustering, Load Balancing and SQL Always On, Virtual Networking, Site to Site VPN.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science.
* Experienced working in a 24x7x365 SaaS environment.
* Work closely with team members to understand requirements, review design documents, and provide release support and architecture planning.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
* Ability to manage customer escalations and work under pressure
* Capabilities to operate in a flexible team environment with minimal supervision
* Windows Azure architecture and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage)
* Deep knowledge of Windows Azure Platform services
* Azure Platform development and deployment concepts
* Experience with Active Directory, Security, OS Internals concepts
* Experience with system management tools such as SCOM
* Experience with Hyper-V configuration and administration Networking
* Strong Networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS
* Experience with Networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, NetMon, wire shark, etc.)
* Strong understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies preferred