We are looking for a Sr. Project Manager to join a growing R&D Project Management Office team that supports the design and development of innovative medical devices. The Senior Project Manager will play a key role in the development of novel, drug-free electromechanical systems for pain management by leading large cross-functional team. Key responsibilities are to manage schedules / financials, to ensure project complies with stage-gate and quality systems guidelines, and to ensure that stakeholder / user needs are met.
How you will make an impact:
- Hands-on project management of new product development projects from requirements definition through commercialization, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments including marketing, quality, clinical, regulatory, design, human factors, packaging, process development, procurement, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, effectively communicating with all levels of the organization, providing frequent contact on project status and changes
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
What you bring to the table:
- BS or advanced degree in engineering such as Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering or other related technical discipline with 10+ years of industry experience including 5+ years in project management of related electromechanical devices; regulated medical device experience highly preferred.
- Experience leading large-platform projects, spanning multiple years, specifically focused on New Product Development, and working with both external and internal customers.
- Experience successfully leading and commercializing projects in a stage-gate design control system.
- Experience with new product requirements through Voice of Customer, assessing value of new product opportunities and communicating to leadership.
- Strong and broad skills using the tools and technique of project management (WBS, risk register, issues log, budget forecasting, etc.).
- Ability to lead large cross-functional teams and drive execution and accountability to ensure on time delivery of key project milestones.
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment in electromechanical product development, working in cross-functional teams, and managing external vendors.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Must be adept at planning, interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and organizing teamwork.
- Ability to travel up to 25% at times, potentially some international
Preferred background in:
- Familiarity with tools and techniques used for systems engineering, concept engineering, and quality systems strongly desired.
- Prior product development experience in pain management strongly desired.
- PMP and/or Six Sigma Certification strongly desired.
What’s in it for you:
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others begins with our employees through a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary – our Total Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee; your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life benefits.
Our perks include:
free onsite gym | onsite cafeteria | 401(k) + 6% match | immediate vesting | benefits on day 1 | uncapped sales commissions | HQ region voted ‘best place to live’ by USA Today
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law