Senior Software Engineer
American Fork, UT (outside Salt Lake City)
**Relocation Package Provided**
Our software engineering team is rapidly growing and looking for Senior Software Engineers to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy team. Our engineers are serious about the success of the company and are given the tools and environment they need to succeed. If you are an experienced engineer with a passion for technology and solving complex business problems and believe planning, hard work, teamwork, and quality is what it takes to succeed, then this is the job for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with customers, technical architects, and consultants to define the data requirements and structure for Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Lead the design and development of our data analysis platform.
- Develop strategies with other engineering teams to optimize the usage and efficiency of our data analysis platform.
- Develop methods and tools to monitor the performance and reliability of our data analysis platform.
What we are looking for:
What's in it for you:
- 5+ years software development experience in any OOP language (Java, C#, C++).
- Knowledge of and experience with data warehousing and big data technologies such as Hadoop.
- Experience in SaaS and Enterprise DB technologies.
- Experience with horizontal scaling, and with delivering Software as a Service.
- Experience dealing with very large data sets.
- Knowledge of and experience with both row-based and column-based database platforms.
- Experience with ETL and BI/Reporting.
- Knowledge of and experience with OO, SOA and Web Services (RESTful preferred) patterns and practices.
- Experience with AGILE and SCRUM methodologies.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to communicate and interface with technical and non-technical members of the organization.
- Working knowledge of development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design, and design review, debugging, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent professional development experience.
- Competitive base salaries + annual bonus
- Medical/Dental/ Vision coverage - PPO & HSA
- 20 days PTO year 1, 13 paid holidays
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave, 2 week paid paternity leave
- Maternity wardrobe benefit
- New Baby benefit
- Adoption benefit
- Fertility benefit
- 100% employer paid life insurance, short term// long term disability
- Employee gym membership + wellness program
- Tech Benefit: $500 reimbursement for tablet PCs
- 401(k) w/ match
- Free catered Lunch and Dinner daily
- Stocked break room